We are pleased to announce a conference of interest to anyone involved in veterinary clinical research. This conference is the third in an annual series focused on best practices in clinical research in veterinary medicine and will be held virtually on October 1st, 2022.
This conference is relevant to anyone involved in clinical research including veterinarians, researchers, technicians, administrators, and industry partners. Please feel free to forward this information to anyone that may have an interest.
Tentative schedule of speakers, topics, and events.
Saturday, October 1, 2022
- 8:30-8:40: Welcome
- 8:45-9:45: Biobanking: Management and Quality Control. Lara Mottham, PhD, Assistant Director, Biobank Laboratory Services, Cornell University, College of Veterinary Medicine
- 9:45-10:45: Client Consent and Ethical Considerations. Philippe Baneux, DVM, Diplomate ECLAM Attending Veterinarian, Director, Center for Animal Resources and Education, Cornell University
- 10:45-11:00: Break
- 11:00-12:00: Maximizing Recruitment: Because it’s hard to run a trial without any patients. Mindy Quigley, MA, Clinical Research Coordinator, Virginia Tech; Charly McKenna, MSc, RLAT, BSc, PhD Student, Research Manager, University of Guelph; Tracy Webb DVM, PhD, Research Scientist, Clinical Review Board Specialist, Colorado State University
- 12:00-1:00: Lunch Break
- 1:00-2:00: Clinician scientist education and clinical trials: the role of trainees in clinical research. Lauren Schnabel DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVS, Diplomate ACVSMR, Associate Professor of Equine Orthopedic Surgery, Associate Director, Comparative Medicine Institute, North Carolina State University
- 2:00-3:00: Developing a SMART IACUC platform to facilitate multicenter veterinary clinical trials. Sarah Moore DVM, Diplomate ACVIM (Neurology), Wolfe Associates Endowed Professor in Canine Clinical and Comparative Medicine; Director, Blue Buffalo Veterinary Clinical Trials Office; Vice Chair, Research and Scholarship, Ohio State University
- 3:00-4:00: Big Data and Health Inequalities in Canine Research. Audrey Ruple DVM, MS, PhD, DACVPM, MRCVS, Associate Professor, Quantitative Epidemiology, Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia Tech
- 4:00-5:00: Patenting and Commercializing Technology from Veterinary Trials. Derek Eberhart PhD, Associate Vice President for Research, Executive Director Innovation Gateway, University of Georgia
Registration is available at: https://vet.uga.edu/event/best-practices-in-clinical-research/